Our yacht owner management program makes perfect “cent$”
Are you are a new yacht owner or want to become one? If so, let Chicago Yacht Share show you how you can make your investment work for you without sacrificing your fun! You have use of your yacht and can enjoy your summer, knowing that your operating costs covered and you also receive a share of the proceeds from bare-boat charterers.
When you elect to put your new yacht into our program we will:
- Eliminate the hassle of yacht maintenance & operational details
- Find a suitable wet slip
- Take care of fall layup and spring launch procedures
- Clean and detail your yacht, so it stays in pristine condition
- Find and qualify other experienced, responsible sailors that will share use of your yacht.
Our Program provides you with all of the benefits of sole ownership without all the problems!
Expenses for a 37 ft Sailboat docked at Belmont Harbor, Chicago
(your expenses may vary)
|Our Owner Program provides all the benefits of sole ownership, without all the problems.||Typical annual expenses for a new 37 foot yacht docked at Belmont Harbor in Chicago.|
|Winter Storage w/shrink wrap||$2,900|
|Summer Wet Slip Fee||$5,200|
|Maintenance, Fall layup, |
spring launch, bottom paint, fuel
|Total typical annual expenses||$24,300|
|Chicago Yacht Share Payment |
toward yacht owner expenses
$15,000 / year
|Yacht Owners net out of pocket expense.||$9,300|
- In addition to the above cash flow from this program, additional tax incentives may be available depending on your individual tax circumstances. Possible incentives might include a tax deduction for the non-personal portion of the yearly operating expenses, depreciation, interest deduction for a second home and additional tax deductions when the boat is ultimately sold. Other tax incentives may also be possible. Please consult your tax professional for guidance and advice. Financing terms are based on the sale of a new Jeanneau 379 with a $224,000 sale price, 20@ down payment, and the balance to be paid over 240 months at 5% interest. Taxes are 8.25% in Chicago and documentation and registration are approximately $500.